NEW FILM: THE GREAT STREET TOOLKIT!
We are proud to announce the release of The Great Street Toolkit on DVD! This film highlights 12 urban planning and design best practices for downtown shopping streets — from building transparency to retail mix — and shows you why they're important for your downtown. A discussion of historic preservation, design review, and recommendations for further study round out this layperson-friendly film.
With a running time of 23 minutes, Toolkit is designed to serve as a concise and productive conversation-starter with citizens, students, elected officials and others who may not have a grounding in the study of downtown health.
Toolkit was funded in part by a grant from the Urban Design and Preservation Division of the American Planning Association.
In its recent review of The Great Street Toolkit, the American Planning Association's Planning Magazine said,
"We all know great streets when we see them. But how do planners explain to citizens, elected officials, and planning students what makes a street great? Kirk Westphal suggests showing them... Especially suited for nonplanners, the toolkit serves as a concise primer on creating a lively downtown."
- FREE U.S. SHIPPING — in low-waste packaging. (Allow 3 weeks; expedited service available. Contact us for foreign shipment information.)
- FREE ADDITIONAL FILM — a high-resolution copy of the acclaimed Insights into a Lively Downtown is included on every DVD (currently available in low-resolution format on YouTube). The running time is 19 minutes.
- UNLIMITED ACADEMIC AND PUBLIC SCREENING RIGHTS — you may use these films for teaching, training and non-internet-based display in perpetuity, even on community access television!
- BUY 5 GET 1 FREE — for every five DVDs ordered, you will receive one complimentary copy. (Will not appear in cart but will be shipped automatically.)
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE — if you are not completely satisfied, we will gladly refund your money within 30 days of purchase, no questions asked!
HOW TO PURCHASE
CREDIT CARD: No PayPal account or sign-up required.
$94.99 (shipping included)
CHECK: Mail here specifying license and quantity.
WHAT IF I HAVE A FREE COPY AND WOULD LIKE TO SHOW IT TO OTHERS?
If you already own this DVD because it was mailed to you for free or you purchased a private screening copy, it is not licensed for group display or educational purposes. You must purchase a full-priced copy in order to use it in this manner.
DO YOU MAKE THESE FILMS AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS OR RESEARCHERS?
We are able to accommodate a limited number of requests to obtain copies of these films at lower cost. We would encourage you to first ask your department head or library to see if they can purchase the film for use by all students before writing or calling.
Please note that the film may not be screened in environments that are being video recorded, regardless of the version purchased—write or call if you have any questions.